Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Stream of Consciousness

    I was called upon to do a problem on the board and explain to my entire Pre-Calculus class how i had come upon the answer I had gotten. It was a problem which required a lot more thinking then actual math. Not a lot of people had gotten the problem correct and I was one of the few who understood the concept. Pre- Cal was the only subject I was struggling with in my sophomore year and throughout the year I doubted my potential and whether I should even be in the class. However what I was confident in was my ability to do the problem. I was a little nervous going up, but then I found it all too easy to explain my answer and a lot of people were questioning what I was doing on the board and I gladly presumed to explain my work. I thought of it to be one of the highlights of my academic year, because as soon as I took my seat, everyone kindly applauded for me. My exact thoughts at the time were "Hm....maybe I'm not so bad after all." 

     For most of my life I never really knew what i wanted to be when I grew u or what direction I would take my life towards. All I knew was one thing. I wanted to be a successful person. However, quite recently I think i found a solution. I thought to myself, "What are my goals in life?" I knew I wanted to help people and also make a good living for myself as well. Keeping those thoughts in mind I continued onward in my life.
   

   One day I was at the doctor's office due to my continuous spa of headaches. While there there doctor asked me a series of question and I answered, To my surprise he had an intriguing response to all of my responses. I was very impressed by the depth of his knowledge and I thought about it and that's when it hit me. A Doctor! They help people greatly, make good money, and they were just...cool! It would come with a sense of prestige and honor, while at the same time I would be fulfilling the requirements in which I had set for myself. Ever since then I've looked up the requirements and such to become a doctor. It isn't exactly the easiest line of work, but one day it's all going to be worth it. I consider the moral of my extremely short and vague story to be that if you are unaware of what you want to do with your life, keep waiting and one day it'll just pop out of the blue in the most random of places. I intend to strive to make this dream a reality in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment